What You Can Expect From Transitional Kindergarten
- Students learn through hands-on experience, nurturing new skills that will stay with them throughout their academic careers.
- TK blends social and emotional experience with academic learning.
- Students learn essential pre-literacy and pre-math skills through creative, play-based learning and shorter lessons for younger children’s attention spans.
- Children will develop social and self-regulation skills needed to succeed in school, including interacting with teachers and peers in positive ways, solving problems with increasing independence, and focusing attention.
Our classroom organization and approaches to learning for our school’s youngest learners:
- At Earhart, our TK classrooms include a reading and listening area, puppets, play kitchen, and sand table--age-appropriate activities that enhance all cognitive, social, and motor skills.
- Teachers design lessons and thematic units to help every child thrive.
- We thoughtfully construct activities and projects so each child is challenged at the right level to succeed, persist through difficulty with little frustration and reach the next skill level.